Reporting with a passion on the beautiful game

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" Bill Shankly

I'm just a normal young man who was bitten by the bug that is football. It brings you up, it throws you down. It can make your day, or ruin your year. It is magnificent. It is unique. It is football.

Thursday 28 May 2009

Welcome to the Site!

Who are ya?

May I welcome you to my new blog. First things first, an introduction.
My name is Arun, I'm 17, a sixth form student, and as you can guess, a massive football fan. The game is my passion, and my team are none other than my local team, Birmingham City Football Club. I love the club, and the magic surrounding it. At their best, their fans are the best in the land. Sir Alex Ferguson said that they made the atmosphere more "intimidating" than the Galatasary fans themselves...and that is some feat.

My aim one day is to become a professional sports journalist, and currently I write for two websites and a magazine.
Under the name akvbcfc, I write for a website all about my team:
http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/

and another fantastic website called Joys & Sorrows:
http://www.joysandsorrows.co.uk/
Along with those two, I also write for a brilliant fanzine (a magazine wrote by fans for fans), sold at Birmingham City home games, called Made In Brum. And may I say, if you ever find yourself at St Andrews for a game, be sure to go and pick up a copy!


Why create this blog?

Why? It's a good question.
I chose to create a blog, so that I could share my views about the beautiful game with an even larger audience (hopefully!).
I am passionate about football, and talking/writing about football, and therefore I believe that a blog is the best way forward.
I hope that you enjoy this blog, and if you have any opinions on what I say, then please do not hesitate to let me know.
If you like what I think, let me know. If you think i'm a complete idiot...let me know (nicely)!


Anyway, now the Premier League season has come to an end, I will give my take on some of the stories hitting the headlines, and then after a focus on the Internationals, and after the Summer break, I will return with my views on the greatest game in the world.

To paraphrase Bill Shankly, how can you even consider calling football a matter of life and death?
Come on...Seriously...We all know that isn't true.
It's much, much more important than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment